Welcome to Edinburgh Food Delivery’s privacy notice.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, whilst striving to provide you with the very best customer experience. We work very hard to keep your information safe. We also recognise that it is important for you to understand how we use your personal data.
This privacy notice provides information on how we collect, process and protect your personal data when you purchase a product or service from us. It is important that you read this privacy notice before you place an order with us.
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
We are Russell Up Ltd (trading as ‘Edinburgh Food Delivery’) (‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’). We are the data controller and are responsible for your personal data.
Full name of legal entity: Russell Up Ltd (a company incorporated in Scotland with registration number SC491889)
Email address: email@example.com
Registered office: Unit 12, New Broompark, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH5 1RS
Telephone number: +44 (0)7498489819
- THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you, including:
- Contact data (e.g. your name, delivery address, email address and telephone number),
- Financial and transaction data (e.g. to process or receive your payment),
- Profile data (e.g. if you create an online account on our website), and
- Order history.
We do not collect any special categories of personal data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data).
- HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data for the purpose for which we collected it, including:
- To register you as a new customer.
- To process and deliver your order (including providing you with updates on your order).
- To manage our relationship with you.
- To enable us to collect or receive payment from you.
- To recommend products or services which may be of interest to you (where we have your consent to do so).
- To contact you where necessary concerning our products and services, such as to resolve issues you may have with your order.
- To verify your age when you purchase age restricted items.
- To respond to any enquiry or feedback from you.
- To comply with legal requirements.
- HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data with our third party service providers, but only where this is necessary for the purposes stated in this privacy notice. For example, we may share your contact and address details with our third party courier for the purposes to fulfilling your order. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy notice when it is transferred to third parties.
Please note that when making a payment for our goods or services (through our website or otherwise), all payments will be processed through a third party payment services provider. They may process your billing, debit or credit card information for this purpose. We will have no access to such data. As such, a separate contractual relationship will be created between you and the payment services provider on their terms and conditions and we cannot be held responsible for any errors, actions, omissions or incorrect charges that may be made by them.
We may also share your personal data if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation.
- LAWFUL BASIS
We will only process the personal data we collect about you if there is a reason for doing so, and if that reason is permitted under data protection law.
Our lawful basis for collecting, processing and using your personal data for the purposes stated in this privacy notice may include:
- Consent: where you have given consent for us to process your personal data for a specific purpose;
- Contract: the processing is necessary for a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract; or
- Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party, unless there is a good reason to protect the individual’s personal data which overrides those legitimate interests.
- 6.RETENTION PERIODS
We will not retain your information for any longer than we think is necessary. Personal data that we collect will be retained for as long as needed to fulfil the purposes outlined in this privacy notice.
When determining the relevant retention periods, we will take into account a number of factors including:
- our contractual obligations and rights in relation to the information involved;
- legal obligation(s) under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time;
- disputes and the potential for disputes arising; and
- guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities.
Otherwise, we will securely erase your personal data when we no longer require it for the purposes it was collected.
We take steps to protect your personal data from unauthorised access and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
- 8.CORPORATE ORDERS
Where you place an order for our products or services as a business, company or partnership you may ask us to deliver the products directly to an individual’s personal delivery address (for example, your employees). This will involve our processing of such individuals’ personal data. Where we agree to such a request, we ask that you have the prior consent from all such individuals to provide their personal data to us for the purposes of our delivery and that they are aware that we will be delivering a parcel to them. We’ll only use such personal data strictly for the purposes of fulfilling such orders and not for marketing or other purposes.
- 9.INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
We won’t generally transfer, store or process your personal data outside the European Economic Area.
- 10.DIRECT MARKETING
Where you have given your consent or where we have a legitimate interest for doing so (and are permitted to do so by law) we may use your information to let you know about our other products and services that may be of interest to you and we may contact you by email, post or phone for this purpose.
- 11.YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data including the right to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office, the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).
- 12.FURTHER INFORMATION
If you have any queries or requests concerning this privacy notice or how we handle your data more generally, please get in touch with us using the details above.
If you’re not satisfied with our response to any complaint or believe our processing of your personal data does not comply with data protection law, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) using the following details:
Address: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113